Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in August:
1) Living another year. Celebrating my 23rd Birthday and being very much thankful for having the chance to have lived another year, and having so many blessings in the form of family and friends. (Find out what I wore, here.)
2) Burkinis. What a fab invention! Allows me to stay modest whilst enjoying a dip in the swimming pool! Hooray!
3) Family. I always say Alhumdulillah for this one, but this month having my brother with us made every day spent together memorable. Also, when Mr Z and I fell ill, my sister and brother in law swooped right in to take care of Baby Z. I was definitely not in a state to be looking after a toddler when I couldn’t even stand up myself!
4) Go Pro Camera. I mean the lens on that is INCREDIBLE. Just being able to capture all those special moments on some sort of technical device that we can look back to is pretty amazing, isn’t it?
5) When your husband wishes you Nikah Mubarak after praying the Fajr (morning) prayers together. Need I say more? (I have to admit, I didn’t think he remembered!)
6) Celebrating two years of togetherness with my husband! Happy Anniversary Mr Z! ❤
7) Curling up with a good book and a smoothie (okay, who am I kidding, it was a bag of Max crisps!) whilst my baby naps beside me.
8) Body Massages. Just WOW. I have said plenty on that already, here.
9) Meeting new people thanks to the world of blogging, and instantly enjoying their company!
10) Getting the taste just right when slaving for an hour after a family dinner.
11) Health. We take it for granted some time, but we are truly blessed to be able to move around and do what our bodies permit. Without our good health, we could achieve nothing.
12) Birth of my beautiful niece Baby A. I am once again awestruck by the miracle of birth.
These are just twelve of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!