Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in September:
1) Date Nights! It’s always great to spend some quality time with Mr Z and Baby Z, whilst enjoying a lovely meal or shopping spree. It’s even more special when it is to celebrate your (belated) 2 year wedding anniversary!
2) Finally finding my old lost iPhone in Baby Z’s backpack! Find out what else he misplaced here!
3) Realising Baby Z is a big boy now that he has been weaned off breast milk. Thankful, yet a little sad at the same time.
4) Watching Baby A grow so rapidly in the first few weeks post birth. She is going to be a real life Rapunzel if her hair carries on growing at such an incredible speed! Loving being an aunty to her!
5) Having Mr Z travel to and back from his business trip to Kuwait, safe and sound.
6) Our quality of life and being blessed with it each morning we open our eyes. I have been particularly thankful for this due to the recent Syrian refugee crisis and the Makkah crane crash as well as stampede. It is simply heartbreaking. May Allah grant ease to those suffering, and paradise to those that have passed away.
7) Having my parents and brother book their flights to come Dubai for the end of this year! So excited for them to meet Baby A and spend some more time with Baby Z!
8) Luggage Allowance! Trying to pack for a month long trip to UK next month, and so thankful that we have plenty of luggage allowance.
9) Celebrating Eid with the family. Such a joyous occasion! (Check out what I wore here.)
10) Skype! Baby Z is coming to that age now where he is really interacting with my parents and brother over Skype, instead of just shying away or staring aimlessly. Skype sessions are now so much more fun now that he can babble away and show off his new tricks!
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!