Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in October:
SurvivingFlying with a toddler for the first time on a 7 hour journey to UK, and landing safe and sound!
- Being reunited my with my parents and baby brother.
- Being reunited with the entire extended family, most of whom I have not seen for 2 years!
- Witnessing a rainbow….I had forgotten just how mesmerising those were.
- A lovely 3 day break in London with Mr Z and Baby Z, where I got to swoon at everything inside Liberty London, the exquisite department store, along with seeing all the wonderful sights that London has to offer.
- A week of sightseeing in Scotland with the family, where all the historic buildings and cute little towns simply stole my heart and transported me to a mystical land.
- Long drives through the Lake District. I can’t begin to describe the beautiful sights that I came across, apart from saying SubhanAllah, SubhanAllah, SubhanAllah.
- Watching Baby Z give tremendous amount of love and joy to my parents and brother. He has been such a little star throughout the entire month, considering his daily routine has been changed every 2 days! This month has been full of priceless moments. It is what coming out here to UK was all about, and it has been achieved Alhumdulillah.
- Meeting all my friends, and carrying off our chatter from where we left off. Though we are all at such different stages in life, we are nonetheless Friends Forever.
- Having the most supportive husband on the planet! Going on holiday with a toddler isn’t the easiest of things, but Mr Z has been there throughout, offering his love, care and support. What would I ever do without you, my love?
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!