For the fourth edition of the Local Flair feature, we have Nitya from Nitty Witty Designs talking me through her journey of building her business. Nitty Witty Designs offers personalised orders and graphic design services for home decor and accessories ranging from cushions and bed sheets to iPhone cases and pouches.
For the third edition of the Local Flair feature, we have Gabriele from Harmony House Toys telling me about her business of wooden toys for children. Read on to find out more about the qualities of the handmade toys and her passion to educate the market on why wooden toys are a great pick for your children.
I was lucky enough to be gifted a massage treatment at a Spa in Dubai for my birthday, thanks to my sister and brother in law. It’s the one named “On the Go Spa Ladies Salon”, located in Business Bay, Dubai, UAE. I don’t normally go for massages(they are quite the luxury, especially being a mother), and having only experienced a handful, I did notice a few things that were done just right by the masseuse that I visited yesterday. Though I mentioned my gratitude to her by saying Thanks, these are the unspoken words of thanks that should also have been brought to her attention, as well as all others that do their job just right.
To kick start the new feature, Local Flair, on my blog, I caught up with the lovely Katie from The Arab Doll Project, telling me all about how she has made her love for sewing into a little business, whilst balancing family life and settling into Fujairah. Katie also offers the service of custom orders for her Arab Dolls, and it was an absolute pleasure meeting her.
I have had a love affair with Henna since as long as I can remember. Henna, or Mhendi, is a gorgeous natural paste that allows us ladies to adorn ourselves with temporary tattoos, ones that are artistically imprinted on the skin with swirls and petal shaped motifs. What’s not to love about that?!
When your Mummy is feeling ill, follow the protocol below.
1) Wake up bright and early. You let her have a lie in yesterday, didn’t you? Also, maybe sleep at about 9 am, just to wake up 10 minutes later, with tears galore. That will really mess with her head.
2) When Mummy has her head in a plastic bag, ready to empty the contents of her poorly stomach, yank her hair and laugh hysterically. Don’t worry, she doesn’t have the energy to retaliate.
3) Refuse to be fed by Daddy. Then demand he only feeds you with a spoon, and then a few minutes later only with his hands.
4) Keep nap times short. There is a lot of work to be done!
5) Even though bath time is your favourite, today cry when you get put in the bath tub. Just because. Throw your toothbrush out of the bath for extra stroppiness points.
6) Throw toys out of the cot and all sanitary pads from Mummy’s drawers. Chew on those juicy slippers too! She will not be quick enough to catch you today.
7) Give Mummy extra cuddles at night time, play cute and laugh lots, so she forgives you for testing her throughout the day.
8) Repeat all the above tomorrow.
Are there any additions to this protocol that your child wishes to add to this list? Feel free to mention it in the comments section below!